Popular Books I Have Not Read (Yet!)

As someone who has been an obsessed reader since a young age and spends more time watching book related videos than reading....and sleeping; I always come across a lot of people talking about the same books. I add these books to TBR's and Amazon Wish List's but there are so many it's hard to get to all of them or afford them or even more new books come out and they overshadow the first ones - SO MANY READER PROBLEMS! 😖



So this piece is, as titled, a list of some of the most popular I have not read; some might make you wanna slap me or help me along in this obvious book drought I have mistakenly put myself in!


First is the An Ember In The Ashes series by Sabaa Tahir, I have seen the gorgeous hardcovers all over BookTube and the online book community for a couple years now, what with it's sequel A Torch Against the Night already out and the third instalment (A Reaper at the Gates) coming out so soon, I am constantly reminded that I have never read nor owned a copy of these books, but I also have no idea what the series is about. I assume from traditional look of the covers that it's high fantasy?


 

Next, and many of you may want to section me in some book related nuthouse for these ones, but I have never read a book from the Throne of Glass series or the A Court of Throne and Roses series; quite simply -  I have never read a book by Sarah J. Mass. I do worry that my expectations may have been conflicted by the popular and eternal praise of her readers and I did think maybe it's best to wait for the hype to die down but there's two problems there; 1) There are soooo many books already out, which is a lot to get through, 2) the hype isn't dying down!


This one is not so rare, but I see A LOT of you are Rick Riordan fans and again I've never read a single thing by Rick. I used to be a huge fan of the Percy Jackson movies and did consider back in the day giving it a try but I was still finding myself as a reader. I kind of feel like, if I had picked it up back then I would of loved the series and fell for Rick's writing, but I think where I am at now as both reader and age, it wouldn't quite fit anywhere.


The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern; now this one is a massive surprise even to myself. I love anything Circus related - anything. In fact I think I've even had debates with people about the lack of circus based fiction and non-fiction (this was in the past, not recently) but I have never picked up this book. I seemed to have given myself this misconception from the cover that it was going to be kinda sweet or jolly - those are the wrong words, but you know what I mean right? I always wanted something dark and twisted and from first glance this was something I had convinced myself I would not get out of this book. To be honest, I have no idea if it is like that or it isn't, but as I've gone through Good Reads and videos, turns out people still love it now!


Okay, so this one I am actually ashamed of - yes, dramatic, but ASHAMED 😩 This series sounds like everything I need in life; genre, structure, authors, EVERYTHING and by some stroke of luck I have not been spoiled for anything, even it's finale. This is a sign of fate that I MUST read this series (that's what I am telling my bank account anyways) and that is the Illuminae Trilogy by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff. I don't even wanna talk about it.....



There are definitely more books I need to add to this list, but I would like you guys to keep visiting rather than, you know, pitchforks?

Get in touch and tell me whether it's worth finally jumping into these much loved books or if I shouldn't believe the hype? What popular books are you guilty for not reading? Come on, serve punishment with me and we can waste our years served by talking about the books we HAVE read, yeah?

Instagram & Twitter: @bvfilm0

Images taken from:

https://www.penguin.co.uk/content/dam/catalogue/pim/editions/159/9781784871055/cover.jpg
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgDqf0MC2GVIc6bP0ZO_wcZ_acEqIBTGwR_r2ittXzIRmdFbq37v6l4OWtKLTY9t5_mdlniALjOJ3YBzzXaWuWanFEQjhtUS6f8r0ywBgqqn5eTvSTZH_US6UT6dtpiMueO7xEqDmpA5Zmz/s1600/Illuminae.jpg
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhgmVRyiuUnoo1K_yGnKEqRZXz9MsDlfB7giqeoDZP7yc1e1CLl71Gu_Pn38Y0uoE7CoSFzAS_moMUBpK8ClI33rHsekckWJmcSghHzG8I9ncQvGAvGqd5w8AbdOTmDM3aJdidfRbc5WMs/s1600/an-ember-in-the-ashes-by-sabaa-tahir.jpg
http://readerswonderland.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/throne-of-glass-sarah-j-maas.jpg
http://www.bibdsl.co.uk/imagegallery2/bds/201516/9781408857861.JPG
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhJzRzhVpNKgneM61updUW5XqdFl71FAIJl9nPw2D14WF3ByRMkX2965SnlePfow-ois-z_FKCbext_D56SFjeu8fnAxPcsbpYu2ZcDKogHQZNBX7FsryCzVJFyN4so4rh0f0YSuIWZFD0n/s1600/51tu8iaahql.jpg

GIFS from:

https://media.giphy.com/media/l3vR8AJsrX5N7i0TK/giphy.gif
https://media.giphy.com/media/PDwtbXc1HWLRK/giphy.gif






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Can't Just Kiss Anyone You Want ARC Review!

The Ending of the F***ing World Vs TEOTFW

Simon vs. Simon!